Dewalt DCD771C2 is among the best cordless drills that you can find in the market today. The 20-volt cordless drill is powered by a Lithium-ion battery powerful enough to run its high-performance motor. Dewalt is one of the leading manufacturers of tools that are not only vital but also strongly constructed to handle even the toughest drilling projects. As such, Dewalt DCD771C2 is constructed with robust materials to be durable and to withstand most drilling tasks.
With the high-speed transmission and 2 variable speeds, it allows the user to choose the level of performance that he or she wants on particular applications. The speed variation makes this tool exceptionally convenient. This Dewalt DCD771C2 cordless drill review will let you know more about this top rated drilling tool.
| || |
Dewalt dcd771c FAQ’s
Q: Does this drill have a reverse mode option?
A: Yes, it does. Dewalt dcd771c cordless drill has a reverse mode just like other Dewalt drill models. Besides coming with a reverse mode, it also comes with a forward and a lock mode. The reverse feature works exceptionally well.
Q: Can I drill on concrete?
A: Yes, you can. This, however, is not a great thing to do since this is not a hammer drill but rather an impact driver. When you use it on concrete, the carbide tip is likely to overheat and sabotage the drill bit. Nonetheless, it can drill well if the concrete is porous and the hole needed is of a small diameter.
Q: Does it have a driver brush or is it brushless?
A: Dewalt dcd771c2 comes with both options. As such, it is upon you to choose whether you want a brush or a brushless motor. Nevertheless, a brushless motor drill is a bit expensive; be ready to pay an extra coin for it.
Dewalt DCD771C2 comes with the following features:
- High Speed: It comes with a 2-speed transmission that delivers a speed range of between 450 and 1500 rpms. This implies that it attains a maximum 1500 rotations per minute under no load while at low speeds it attains 450 rotations per minute under no load. With the variable speeds, this tool is capable of delivering an excellent power output. Moreover, the variable speeds allow users to perform a wider range of drilling tasks while completing their tasks quickly.
- Ergonomic Design: Since this is a one-hand operated drilling machine, it is designed to keep the vibrations and tension at the minimum even after long continuous use. It features an ergonomic handle that is comfortable to hold while improving your control and maneuverability of the machine. This makes you confident when tackling your drilling tasks.
- Lightweight and Compact: Dewalt DCD771C2 is compactly designed in order to fit into tightly located areas while held in one hand. It weighs 3.64 pounds which is light enough to be held in one hand. Additionally, you can work continuously for a long time without feeling tired.
- Powerful with Quick Charging Battery: This drilling tool is powered by a 20volts Lithium-ion battery that is said to be an upgrade from the common 18V batteries that are usually used by most drilling machines. With the 20V, this tool is arguably more powerful with extended mileage. Best of all, this battery is quick to charge and can take between 30 minutes to one hour to fully charge. Once fully charged, the process automatically stops to prevent overcharging and to maintain a long battery life.
- LED Light: It also features a LED light that is located above the trigger switch. Even though it is small, the LED light still provides a light bright enough to light up any dark space where you want to drill. This light is useful, especially when drilling in places that are poorly illuminated.
Although Dewalt DCD771C has no specific maintenance needs, you just have to keep it clean and store it in its bag after use. This will make this drilling machine durable.
What do I like about this drill?
Once I hold this tool, one noticeable thing is that it is lightweight and ergonomically designed handle. The handle is comfortable to hold and allows perfect controlling of the drill. On the other hand, its lightness allows me to drill for a long time without feeling tired. Apart from this, I also like the high speed at which this machine drills. The speed is variable and convenient at handling different drilling tasks efficiently.
What I didn’t like about this drill?
It is unfortunate that this is an impact driver and not a hammer drill. As such, it is not ideal for drilling concrete surfaces. Even with its hammer setting, it is not that effective even on the porous concrete surface.
How Does Dawalt DCD771C2 Compare to Other Drills?
DCD771C2 vs DCD777C2
From the model numbers, these are almost the same drillers. They work in the same manner within confined areas and are great at plumbing tasks as well as other repairs. Dewalt DCD771C2 and DCD777C2 are both powerful and come in lightweight and compact designs. Although they both accept various attachments, DCD777C2 comes with a motor that is a little more powerful as compared to DCD771C2.
DCD771C2 vs DCD791D2
The most distinctive feature between these two models is the price tag because DCD791D2 is a high-end drilling machine. Whenever a tool features a very high price tag, chances are that it will deliver more performance, power, and other top of the range features. DCD791D2 boasts of about 57 percent more run time as compared to DCD771C2.
DCD771C2 vs Bosch DDB181-02
These are two drilling tools that are different from each other. However, they come at a similar price tag. The most distinctive feature between these machines is that Bosch features a blue exterior color while Dewalt comes with a yellow exterior trademark. When it comes to functionality and performance, however, both tools match each other well even though Bosch is slightly lighter as compared to Dewalt.
DCD777C2 vs Makita XFD10R
Both DCD777C2 and Makita XFD10R are compact and lightweight drilling machines. They also come with 2-speed transmission to handle wider driving applications. They also come with ergonomically designed handles that are rubberized for comfort and increased control during an operation. However, Makita XFD10R is very distinctive with its blue trademark color while Dewalt comes with a yellow exterior. Makita XFD10R is also a bit pricey as compared to the DCD771C2.
What do Users Say about Dewalt DCD771C2?
Users tend to post different cordless drill reviews based on how well it served them. Some might have a better experience with it while others feel otherwise. However, from Dewalt DCD771C2 cordless drill review, most users are satisfied with the manner in which this drilling machine has served them in their various projects. In fact, some contend that this is the best cordless drill one can find in the market today. In an analysis of various cordless drill reviews, Dewalt DCD771C2 seems to have positive reviews from various users.
When it comes to the manufacture of powered tools, Dewalt is a common name, especially in the compact drill arena. DCD771C2 is one of the highly potent machines that speak the Dewalt design language. This isn’t the cheapest drill but its compact construction as well as design pushes it to a mid-tier valuing.
We hope that this cordless drill review has enlightened you a bit if you have been having second thoughts about buying this tool. It is arguably the best cordless drill for DIY enthusiasts and novices who want to improve their drilling experiences.
See comparable drills
- Porter-Cable PCCK607LB 20V Cordless Drill Review
- Bosch DDS182-02 18-volt Brushless 1/2″ Compact Drill Review
- Hitachi 18V Cordless Drill Review
- Best 18v Cordless Drill: Milwaukee M18 Fuel Driver/Drill
- Ryobi P1811 18V Drill Review
- Makita XFD10R I8V Compact Drill Review
- Best 20v Cordless Drill: Dewalt DCD795D2 Compact Brushless Drill Review